Alright, gang, I don’t want to exaggerate but I am about to share with you one of the best purchases I have made in probably the last five years!
I love to cook. I mean I LOVE it!
Since I was married, I have had various knife sets that have been okay; and by okay, I mean they got the job done. I never invested in expensive knives because, well…$$$. I have made do with my two sets I purchased at Kohl’s Department store over the last 22 years. I would sharpen them every once in awhile in hopes we would see a difference, but honestly, there wasn’t much.
At the beginning of January 2020, I made the leap and purchased a 3-knife set that I saw on Instagram. A woman (Jennifer Fisher) whom I follow on that platform, posts videos of her cooking and she always raves about these knives. After months of watching her use them, I decided I should check them out online. When I finally looked up the cost for the knife set I was surprised to see it was only $155 for all three knives! Honestly, I thought they were going to be Cutco knife prices. Ka-Ching! I was relieved when they weren’t. I placed my order and waited anxiously for them to arrive.
I am not kidding when I say they have changed my life in the kitchen. I had truly never realized how bad my old knives were until these guys arrived! These beauties can slice like you wouldn’t believe—we are talking gorgeously thin slices! I love to slice my romaine lettuce for chopped salads and the serrated knife goes through the lettuce like b-u-t-t-a-h. You can dice, chop, slice, debone, and mince to your heart’s content with this set. I am being dead serious when I tell you that every time I use these knives they bring me joy.
A couple of things to note:
- They are VERY sharp so be VERY careful when using them!
- You get to pick from four different colored handles when ordering. They come in white, black, blush and a blue-grey color. I picked the blue-grey.
- The block to hold them on does not come with the knives. That is a separate purchase, so if you want that, order it as well. Also, notice how cool the block is. It is magnetic and holds your knives that way. I ordered the block this month. I just received it and it is so sleek and cool looking on my counter.
- A concern I had when purchasing the set was, “Would three knives really be all I need to do my cooking?”. Most other knife sets have you buying so many different sizes. I am happy to report that I have used these knives almost exclusively for 99% of my cooking since January. They really get the job done and they are great if you are into simplifying your life and your kitchen!
- Finally, I never, ever, ever put them in the dishwasher. They are too amazing. I only hand wash them.
If you would like to check them out here is a link to their website: https://materialkitchen.com/products/the-trio-of-knives
***This is by no means a paid advertisement. I truly love these knives!
Leave a comment below if you decide to pick some up too. I would love to hear how you like them!
Laura A Koebel says
Your detailed and enthusiastic description made me want to purchase these knives right away! My knives are terrible maybe that is why I can’t cook! I truly believe these knives will make me a better chef! Right Kerry?
They for sure will Laura!!!